Saturday January 6th, 2024 - 11 am - 1 pm EST (Toronto Canada Time Zone)
Module 1: Refrigeration fundamentals, compressor resources. Understanding refrigeration scroll compressors and how to effectively install, maintain and service them.
Saturday January 13th, 2024 - 11 am - 1 pm EST (Toronto Canada Time Zone)
Module 2: Semi-hermetic compressor theory and fundamentals. Why the basics are so important to know. Learn about compressor capacity controls, how they work, where to apply, and the steps to take when troubleshooting.
Saturday January 20th, 2024 - 11 am - 1 pm EST (Toronto Canada Time Zone)
Module 3: Deep dive on capacity controlled compressors, motors and electrics of 1ph and 3ph compressor. We will review different electronic modules and how to effectively become more confident at troubleshooting and finding the root problem when you have an electrical issue.
Saturday January 27th, 2024 - 11 am - 1 pm EST (Toronto Canada Time Zone)
Module 4: Root Cause Analysis: Understanding the WHY. Not just repairing symptoms but attacking the system problem to reduce multiple system failures.
If you have any issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org
4-week Compressor Masterclass
w/ Refrigeration Mentor
© 2023 Refrigeration Mentor. All Rights Reserved.
Do you want to have the confidence of a Highly Skilled Technician?
About Refrigeration Mentor
Refrigeration Mentor is a global training and development organization that is dedicated to training, educating, and mentoring refrigeration professionals throughout the industry. The founder, Trevor Matthews who is a Certified Training & Development Professional and a subject matter expert in commercial refrigeration systems, has worked as a technician installing, commissioning, and servicing supermarket racks, commercial refrigeration, and HVAC systems.
Trevor has trained thousands of technicians, managers, and business owners and has helped educators, contractors and manufacturers develop trainings around specific refrigeration topics that met their needs. Trevor takes a systematic approach when designing a program and makes sure the information is easily digestible from servicing and troubleshooting systems to making technologies like CO 2 refrigeration seem simple to work with, while motivating and building confidence in the learners.
We pride ourselves on providing honest, value-adding, and high-quality training services. We work with our clients to customize learning and development programs that meet their specific needs, from technical training design to full program rollouts that focus on building a culture around training, education and mentoring within your organization.
Note: For best results and viewing purpose please use a desktop computer, laptop computer or tablet that has or uses a mic and camera so you get the full feel of the program.
**This course is a continued professional development program to add to your current knowledge & skills and it is not a substitute for your local Refrigeration and HVAC qualifications. Always follow local codes and safety protocols.
This Compressor Masterclass is designed for Refrigeration Professionals (technicians) who don't want to be stressing on jobsites and want to know how to properly install, service and troubleshoot any semi-hermetic or scroll compressor. This program will improve your knowledge, competency and confidence when working on commercial refrigeration systems, so you look like a Rockstar in front of your customers and boss. Any technician who has completed this learning program will have the tools and resources to figure out what issues are and how to resolve them fast and effectively.
I created this learning program from the years of knowledge pass down to me from subject matter experts and compressor gurus. If you are looking to become the top technician at your company this course will help you get there.
4-week Learning Program
Learning modules will consist of 3 major activities with measurable goals to keep you on track:
1. Each week a 2 hour online instructor led training with interactive work, polls, and quizzes
2. Assignments with on-the-job practical learning
3. Knowledge assessments and Q&As to solidify previous modules
Every module will finish with a knowledge assessment and an assignment that solidifies knowledge.
Understanding Compressors and How They Function
• Introduction to semi-hermetic and scroll compressors.
• Design and construction
• Understand their functions and how they work.
• Understand Compression Ratio (CR), what effect it has on the systems
• Learn about compressor performance charts.
Installing, Servicing and Troubleshooting Compressors
• Discuss how to properly install, service and troubleshoot these compressors
• Learn how to find the specific manufacturers guides for each type of compressor
• Learn how to find the answers you are looking for faster.
• Understanding compressor operation envelopes
Capacity Controlled Compressors
• Understand how unloading compressors work and function
• What are tandems and trios and how to properly service them
• Why digital compressors are used
• Understand how digital compressors work and function
• Learn how to service and troubleshoot when there is an issue
Basic Refrigeration and Fundamentals
• How refrigeration works
• Basic components of a refrigeration system
• Compressor, condenser, metering device and evaporator overview
• Review on pressure enthalpy diagram
Applying Safety and Handling Practices
• Refrigeration hazards & safety considerations
• Personal safety and safety equipment (PPE)
• Pressure-temperature relationship
• Proper brazing practices for piping, components, and compressors
• Best piping practices
• Sloping, traps & inverted traps
• Properly insulating pipes
• How to support piping
• Basic electrical troubleshooting
• How to read wiring diagrams
• Verifying compressor wiring & contactor sizing
• Electrical troubleshooting from a wiring diagram
• Electrical safety procedures
Pressure Test & Evacuation Procedure
• Proper pressure test procedures
• Testing vacuum pump and oil changes
• System and circuit evacuation
• How to perform a triple evacuation
• Compressor not running
• Compressor starts but trips
• Compressor short cycling
• Compressor noisy or vibrating
• Compressor failure
Module 3: Compressor Motors & Electrics
Module 2: Everything Semi-hermetic
Module 4: Root Cause Analysis
Module 1: Deep Dive Scroll Compressors
To earn a certificate of completion of the 4-week Compressor Masterclass Learning program, the refrigeration professional must finish their quizzes, assignments, and the final knowledge assessment. Following completion of the virtual program, they will receive a certificate from Refrigeration Mentor.
*Virtual Training Schedule: